Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I swear this thing writes itself

Pokefan: "We adore our pokemon even if they despise us.
That's what being a Pokefan is all about."

Wow, it's nice to see some honesty, but damn.

My Mother is very loose with my money tonight. I really ought to stop having her hold onto it for me, but I haven't seen any banks so far. Law enforcement is pretty inept though, so my money is probably safer with her anyway.

Whilst exploring Goldenrod city department store I have confirmed that NPCs have no free will. The difference here being that the developers are no longer attempting to hide it. The elevator attendant tells me the basement is off limits to customers after dropping me off there at my request. I think I preferred it when they simply let children wander through the world unsupervised, stumbling into restricted areas with no security to speak of.


Psychic Mark: "Let me guess what you're thinking."

He knows about the flower shop lady. He must be silenced!


I found a guy standing next to the Sudowudo.
"I'm the Flower Shop's Floria!
Listen, listen! When I sprinkled water on that wiggly tree, it jumped right up!
It just has to be a Pokemon.
If you soaked it...
Oh, that's the SquirtBottle!
Soak the tree for me!
I want to see what happens!"

I'm sure someone who works for the flower shop is perfectly capable of operating a squirt bottle the same as any other person with even the most rudimentary motor skills, but hey, it sounds like he's curious in a voyeuristic manner. I can't really say that surprises me though.

"That was fun!
I want to give you this for entertaining me!"

I knew it! These people have weird fetishes.

Some guy on route 31 gave me the TM for Rest for delivering some mail. Then he spouted this little gem:
"The phrase 'recover fast' became shortened to 'Rest,' you see?"

I've seen this sort of mumbo jumbo before. This is basically a bit of Japanese wordplay using the Kanji of words to derive new meanings through combing them or pieces of them. Unfortunately it doesn't translate into Western culture at all, ever. So instead of dropping it or actually rewriting the script with any degree of effort, we get this sort of tripe. This adds nothing, it is easy to simply omit but no, we can't have intelligent script writing. This is a pokemon game. Instead we spread misinformation for today's youth to absorb and reiterate over the internet as they slowly kill language and culture as we know it.

I can't take anymore tonight. I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment